Myca Partners was founded by Rob Frankfurt to take large, concentrated activist investments in small cap US public markets. Notable investments include positions in Charming Shoppes, Inc. (owner of plus size women's retailer Lane Bryant) and Pediatric Services of America, Inc., which were both successfully sold.
While conducting research for our investment in Lane Bryant, we came to understand the depth of the obesity and chronic illness epidemic impacting the USA.
According to the CDC:
- 50% of adult Americans have 1 or more chronic illnesses
- 70% of deaths in the US are the result of preventable chronic related illness
- Chronic illness costs nearly $3 Trillion per year in health costs and lost employee productivity
We believe many of these illnesses are preventable and reversible through lifestyle changes and have shifted our activist mindset to focus on creating and investing in health and wellness businesses catering to tackling the problem of preventing/reversing chronic illness through lifestyle changes.
We are working on the launch of Living Fund to make these investments.
Areas of interest include:
- Food as Medicine
- Sleep and Exercise
- Functional Medicine and Nutrition
- Corporate Wellness and Wellness Training/Education
- Environmental Impact Businesses
- Global Concepts performed Local
- Addiction Awareness & Treatment
- Wellness Products and Services
- Plant Based Food Opportunities
- Technology supporting Lifestyle Changes
- Non Profits solving Chronic Illness/Obesity via Lifestyle Changes
Feel free to contact us to discuss:
- Business Development Ideas
- Funding/Startup Services
- Board of Director Opportunities
- Non Profit Opportunities
- Consulting/Advisory Engagements
- Speaking Engagements